The Integrity, Inc. model of supportive care incorporates developmental day treatment clinic services (DDTCS), which are available through the Arkansas Medicaid program.
Developmental day treatment clinic services are designed to include a comprehensive range of care options for people with developmental disabilities and delays. These services have a two-fold purpose: educating and supporting caregivers as well as providing meaningful supports that assist your loved one in living as independently and as successfully as possible. These services address all aspects of day-to-day life—employment, education, activities of daily living, socialization, communication, and recreation. By providing these services in a community-based setting, the Integrity, Inc. model helps individuals grow in a way that other treatment options cannot promise.
Integrity’s Developmental Day Treatment Clinic Services
Integrity, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides individualized support services for both children and adults with developmental disabilities and delays. We use a common sense approach that is grounded in a Positive Behavioral Supports (PBS) paradigm. The PBS philosophy is a person-centered model that incorporates the best aspects of a variety of theoretical approaches while emphasizing personal achievement and an appropriate supportive environment. The service model at Integrity for individuals with disabilities includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Diagnosis & Evaluation – This is the first step in determining the appropriate supports that will best benefit you and your loved one. The end product is a comprehensive plan that details the important aspects of your loved one’s growth and development. Plans allow service providers to formally state goals and objectives that are both meaningful and measurable.
- Case Management – Once a treatment plan has been developed and implemented, monitoring and coordination through case management services ensures the plan’s efficacy and provides guidelines for if and when changes are needed. Case management services are typically monitored by a team, whose primary members are the individual, the caregivers, and professional staff at Integrity, Inc. as well as any other treatment providers (like physical, speech and occupational therapists or physicians).
- Community Integration – Integrity, Inc. supports the philosophy that people with disabilities thrive in a community setting and grow and learn more effectively by working, playing, training, and enjoying other activities within our program. Engaging in the community also breaks down social barriers and teaches people how to interact compassionately with people who may be different than themselves.
What Makes Integrity’s Program Different?
Many treatment programs, as well as the policies that govern them, are founded in the medical model, which is one that emphasizes disability as an illness. The medical model guides practitioners to focus on the disease or disorder, instead of the whole person, and seeks to “cure” disability rather than develop strategies and programs that help the person develop desired skills and abilities.
At Integrity, Inc. the person-centered, community-based approach recognizes that people with disabilities are people first. We engage your loved-one in habilitative therapies, rather than seek a “cure,” and provide therapy options in order to achieve that goal:
- Physical Therapy – provides treatment that enhances gross motor functioning for walking and maintaining balance, improved breathing during strenuous tasks, and overall mobility.
- Occupational Therapy – assists in improving fine motor skills needed for writing, handling money, completing self-care tasks, eating, and other routine activities of daily living.
- Speech Therapy – assists your loved one with their communication skills by helping improve speech clarity and enunciation, addressing problems with eating or swallowing, and assisting with learning non-verbal forms of communication such as reading emotions in facial expressions.
- Habilitative Programming – provides up to 5 hours a day of specialized learning activities designed for developing independence and assisting your loved one with skill development in accordance with their assessed strengths and needs.
While this is only a brief list of the services that Integrity, Inc. can provide, they are offered as a myriad of individually-designed activities and programs that will assist your family member in achieving optimal independence and competence in many skills.
Contact Integrity, Inc. to learn more about our developmental day treatment clinic services and we will be happy to explain how our programs can specifically support your loved one in growing in a community-based setting.